Monday, August 4, 2008

I should have kissed her. 10 231.

http://www.xkcd.com/458/

So... xkcd is one of my favourite web comics. My friend Devon told me to look at it one day. Wait... Was it Devon or his girlfriend Caitlin. I forget. But it was one of them.

Anyways, it's a great comic. Lots of nerdy humour, but it even has some nice thoughtful messages attached as well. This one, divulges one of the latter.

Where those results come from, who knows. Stories, publications, blogs; it could be anywhere. But it's safe to say, I think, that Love is an intimidating thing, even if it isn't there; even if you're just trying it out. One little kiss. Haha!! People are always saying you'll regret Life more for things you didn't do as opposed to things you did. Perhaps these are the stats to prove it? Hahaha!!

At the very least, it's nice to know that someone is out there trying to promote a little more Love or a little more confidence in the world. Or at least, I think that's what is intended. That's what I'm taking from it.

Now, am I gonna be more adventurous and less timid? Nah, probably not. Hahaha!! But... I'm glad someone else out there wants it to happen. Let's act on Love.

And I think I'll leave it at that.

5 comments:

Norah said...

http://www.xkcd.com/162/

if it were "I shouldn't have...", the story would be funny, as opposed to the usually depressing "I should have..."

Anonymous said...

I think it's a deep and true depiction of the idea, and the title is excellent as it is. It's not to make the reader depressed but to provoke thought, and it did just that. My hat's off to you.
kifasar@gmail.com

alchanko said...

You know what I like about writing, and also what's frustrating about it? It's never read the same way twice. You will never know what I really meant, even if I tell you, even if I try my darndest. It's not going to happen. Hahaha!! Depressing thoughts are thoughts too. I don't know... I know what Milo is getting at though. Quite honestly, I've had a few, "I shouldn't have..." nights too. Hahaha!! I just didn't write about them THIS time... :D

Anonymous said...

I was going to leave a comment, but then I realized I was writing enough to write my own blog -- so I didn't follow through with it.
This was an interesting read though.

alchanko said...

Well... I'd appreciate if you continued to write more. I mean, I have no objection with you forming your own symbiote blog on mine... Hahaha!! Or, you could, ya know... Make your own blog, post a link, and we can go from there. :)