Friday, August 1, 2008

First Post

So, I used to have a blog here on http://www.blogger.com/, WAY back in the day. I didn't exactly take to it. There's a contest now at my university for "The Best Blog". So, I figured, what the heck. I'll give it a try again.

This first post is gonna have to be short, as my laptop only has 30 minutes of battery time left. GAH! It's a race against the clock!!

The title of this blog is "Notes From The Brown Lounge". The Brown Lounge is one of the places at Nipissing where students can hang out, eat, talk, study, whatever they need to do. It's the first lounge I ever sat in at Nip. It's also the one I frequent the most. A lot of good times have been had here, and a few not so good times. I'll share those eventually, I hope. I also hope a few more good times will show up too, and for dramatic purposes, even a couple of bad times.

I actually wanted to call this blog "Notes From The Brown Lounge; and Other Resting Places", because I probably won't be here for every post. But for the first one, I have GOT to be here. It's only fitting...

A lot has changed in this lounge. The most recent thing I've noticed is the staff photocopier. Hahaha!! It'll make this place a lot more busy that's for sure.

But some things don't change. You... See neat things here. Why, just today, a lady was walking up the cold stairs (people who go here hopefully will recognize which ones I'm talking about), singing. She was very good at it, but kinda seemed embarrassed as she came into the lounge and saw I was here. Hahaha!! I just smiled and tried to encourage her. After all, it's not the first time I've heard someone singing in that stairwell.

So, uh, I wrote all that above at about 9:35 AM. It turns out I had less of a time window than I expected. Hahaha!! A few hours, a lunch of baby carrots (I know, a guy who lives at home with a mom who likes to cook should eat better than that, but, that's how it goes) and a meeting with my labmates later, and I'm back. Same couch. Same lounge. Let's get this sucka posted eh? Ehh!! (does The Fonz pose) Too soon Nick... Too soon... :)

2 comments:

name said...

You know, all my years at nipissing, I've NEVER sat in the brown lounge for more than 5 minutes!!

alchanko said...

Are you serious?! Give it a whirl. There's something there for everyone depending on what time you're there. Sometimes it is empty and quiet, other times it is real busy and conveniently distracting. :D